Thursday, November 11, 2010

It doesn't matter...

Leaves come and go
they change and turn
you left the light on
I left it off.

People live and people die.
simple truths keep me sane
believable lies keep me lame,
we're really all on in the same.

I wish I was more
you wish I was less
monks spend a day to confess
while pretty girls obsess.

Lights surround the buildings
but no one takes time to climb the stairs.
I watch you in your horizon
and you lift me into your grave.

I can't help but listen
silence can be so needy
but she knows how to get herself heard
just take it up, slow it down.

One day we'll see what we've waited to see
fathers with mothers
and pirates with cubs.
You think I'm dumb don't you?

I think what beckons you is what you are.
And what's sad is your beckon
is noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment